I feel crummy lately. 18 months of synthetic hormones, a miscarriage, marital woes and more have left my body sluggish and my spirit laden with baggage. It’s not a fun place to be and I’m ready to do something about it.
In the past I have tried all kinds of crazy detox fads that claim to purge your body of toxins and make you feel refreshed and vibrant. Honestly, I have never completed one of them. I just can’t commit to days of ridiculous food, juices, supplements, etc. I end up more stressed out at the end then when I started! Instead, I am putting together my own “clean eating” 7 day plan that will hopefully springboard me into healthier living, and trim a little pudge off of my new muscles to show them off :) I mentioned my detox plans in yesterday’s post and several of you expressed interest in joining so I here is my personal 7-Day Detox. BONUS: Once I hit publish this will be all official and I’ll have my 400-800 daily readers to keep me accountable!
Belle’s 7-Day Detox
Clean Eating Diet:
- 80 – 100 oz of water daily
- 1 – 3 cups organic green tea daily
- 1 glass of vibrant health immediately upon waking up
- Breakfast: protein smoothie, a high-protein baked oatmeal (I will share this recipe tomorrow), scrambled eggs with veggies, et.
- Mid morning snack: 1/2 cup of fruit
- Lunch: Salad with veggies and either canned salmon or tempeh + 1 healthy fat (olive oil, avocado, seeds)
- Afternoon snack: protein smoothie with light soy milk and frozen berries
- Dinner: 1 serving lean protein (fish, tempeh, tofu) + 2 cups steamed or sautéed veggies + quinoa + 1 healthy fat (olive oil, avocado, seeds)
- Dessert: Cinnamon tea
- Coffee – Last year I gave up coffee completely and honestly had never felt more energetic. Today I’m back in my sad routine of one or two cups in the morning and a soy latte many afternoons. Not good when one wants a Baby Ready Body!
- Wheat – I have noticed a definite correlation between bloating and wheat consumption.
- Rice, amaranth, couscous, pasta, etc.
- Earth Balance Buttery Spread – This is tough, but it is so processed. I have been trying to embrace olive oil more and am slowly starting to enjoy it.
- Artificial sweeteners
- I will start every morning off with some form of physical activity. This weekend I am clearing a spot in my basement to set up my stability ball, yoga mat, hand weights and leg bands.
- Walk 3-6 miles daily (basically my to work and home commute)
- Full body strength training at the gym 3 times a week (I already do this)
Positive reflection:This detox is about more than nutrition and activity. During these 7 days I want to spend time daily reflecting on things in my life that I should be thankful for. To do this I will:
- Make time for pampering – Soaks in the tub some evenings, DIY facials, DIY mani/pedis, etc.
- Blog daily about positive things in my life.
- Turn off the TV – Included in this is streaming videos on Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, etc.
- Play with my cats – I am sure this sounds strange, but spending time with your pets is supposed to lower blood pressure, stress, etc. I have four lovely kitties who deserve daily attention. This is the perfect time for me to start a new p.m. playtime ritual.
Detox will begin Sunday, July 15!
So there you have it. Let me know if anyone wants to join and either follow my guidelines or put together their own plan that better fits their lifestyle and needs and I’ll put together a list of participants. If you don’t want to participate, I invite you all to help me stay accountable and cheer me on when I find myself tempted by cake or Pinot Noir!