Thank you Robin at I’m Polycystic Inside for the TMI award! I’m usually not a big participant in chain-lettery things like this, but it has been a while since I have done a “things about Belle” post and I have quite a few new readers so I thought I would play along.
Here are the rules…
- Thank the person who passed the award on to you.
- List 7 things that people may not know about you.
- Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and don’t forget to notify them as well.
So 15 people is kind of a lot so I’m just going to mention you at the end of this post and you can play along if you choose. I assure you, no bad Ju Ju will come your way should you not play, too. 🙂
7 Things About Belle That You Might Not Know
1. I dread going to the movie theater. Not only am I cheap, I find the seats to be tremendously uncomfortable and I can’t press pause to take a pee break. I also can’t eat a bloody thing at the snack bar thanks to my million allergies. I sat through MANY movies as a teenager to try to “fit in” but now that I’m all grown up and done caring what people think I usually flat-out refuse. This can cause tension between Mr. Husband and I since going to the theater is one of his all-time favorite things to do. I can count the times I have been to the theater with him on one hand. Shame. On. Me.
2. When I was a little girl all I wanted in my grown-up life was to live in a small house with stairs and to have a ton of cats. I had completely forgotten about this childhood dream until I was about to get married and my mom reminded me. Here I am, a year-and-a-half later, married with four cats and an adorable little house with stairs. Ain’t life funny? *
3. I eat fancy Dijon mustard out of the jar with a spoon. So. Yummy. **
4. I have a terrible self-image issue that, in the past, has become dangerously close to full-blown anorexia. I am embarrassed and ashamed of this and fight the tears on a regular basis. I hate that some days I see such a beautiful, thin woman and others I see a warped view of myself. I know I’m just mis-reading my reflection, but I can’t stop the feelings and tears. Infertility has only enhanced this image problem, as now, in my sick brain, I am grossly imperfect both inside and out. I am terrified of how pregnancy might affect this image issue and am prepared, as much as I hate it, to seek professional help when the time comes.
5. I would take a back-scratch over a massage any day. I have a back-scratcher that I use to “backsterbate.”***
6. One of my favorite things about winter is that all the trees lose their leaves. I love to examine the complexity of their structure when they are not covered with all those pesky leaves.
7. I don’t care what the fashion gurus say, you can never over-accessorize an outfit.
* I only claim responsibility for 25% of the cats as Mr. Husband came equipped with three of his own. 🙂
** No, I’m not pregnant.
*** I coined this word one night when Mr. Husband saw me scratching my own back with one of those silly wooden back-scratchers. “Is this a hint?” he asked. “Never!” I said coyly. “Sometimes a girl just has to backsterbate.”
Now for 15 other bloggies, which are all excellent blogs and totally worth you stopping by!
- JM at Meier Madness
- Cattiz at Colours of Cattiz
- Miss Conception
- Slackie O at My Lazy Ovaries
- Jonelle at Somewhere in the Middle
- Elaine at Storm in my Tea Cup
- The Corn Fed Feminist
- Jules at The Quest for Little Lambies
- Mrs. E at TTC Baby E
- Rachel at Eggs in a Row
- The Journey to the Finish Line
- Fox in the Hen House
- Irene at Close Encounters with Fertility Treatment
- Tricia at Mothernatureschmature
- Izzy at Eggceptional Blues