I almost forgot it was Thursday. This week I am thankful for:
1. My pink GustBuster umbrella. Walking under a bright pink umbrella really helps to take some of the gloom out of a rainy day.
2. My red rain boots. Sloshing through puddles in happy colored boots makes rainy days less sad. They also look fierce with my navy leggings, oatmeal colored dress and mustard yellow scarf. (Can you tell it is rainy here?)
3. Airplanes. For taking me to faraway places to meet new people.
4. Mr. Husband’s Advisor. For finally nominating him for a teaching award – something he truly deserves after 7 years of teaching undergraduate mathematics.
5. My feet. I know this sounds strange… When I was 25 I broke my right foot in, are you ready for this, a vicious hopscotch accident. I was on crutches for SIX entire months and eventually required surgery to repair the damage. I can honestly say that even today, six years later, I am regularly thankful for my functioning feet.
6. The geese and ducks that I pass by every day on my way to and from work. I get so much enjoyment watching them live their life and raise their little chicks.
7. My running buddy who keeps me inspired even on the days I feel fat, worthless and terribly out of breath.