1. My husband – for being so very understanding after our fight earlier this week.
2. My ovaries – yes, despite all the hell they put me through, I’m thankful that they have a bunch of follicles and are pumping out enough estrogen to keep my cycle from being canceled.
3. J.R. Watkins lip balm – Dare I say it, but I think it is better than Burt’s Bees.
4. The color Mustard Yellow – No matter what the weather, season or mood, Mustard Yellow always cheers me up and makes me feel stylish.
5. Decaf Soy Lattes – My guilty pleasure. I have had one every. single. day. this week. I think all the IVF stress justifies it. Hopefully my thighs will agree!
6. Understanding coworkers – Who have been more supportive of this IVF adventure than I had ever expected.
7. Post Punk Kitchen – for providing me with culinary inspiration on a regular basis and for creating this pie which is absolutely to-die for. Go make one tonight. You will not regret it. Nor will your thighs.
The State of My Belly
The current state of my belly can be summed up in one word – full. I feel like I have eaten two Thanksgiving dinners, or have been constipated for two weeks, or have an alien life form growing in me. It’s fierce. I’m aware pregnancy is much the same, but at least you get a gradual build up. During stims you go from empty and happy to HOLY MOTHER F-ING CRAP I’m full of ovaries!
Tonight is my first Lupron trigger. Since we are doing an egg donor protocol and freezing embryos, I get to have not one, but two jolly fun Lupron triggers. One tonight at 10 p.m. and one tomorrow at 10 a.m. I have yet to try Lupron. Any advice for the injection?
Just two more sleeps till retrieval!