About this photo: I love “designer toilet paper.” You know, that kind that is so soft you could use it as bedding? I especially like the ultra soft type with a little lotion in it for me angry bum. I feel that luxuries like fancy TP are perfectly justifiable.
Shortly after moving in with Mr. Husband we went to Sam’s Club to stock up on essentials: paper towels, aluminum foil, frozen veggies, canned tomatoes and TP. Mr. Husband was still in the “woo the lady and make her stay” mindset so he did not bat an eye when I scooped up the most expensive bulk pack of TP they offered. “I love the TP with the bear on it,” I said while plopping the jumbo pack in the cart.
Life was good and bums were well-tended for the next 24 rolls until Mr. Husband made the next Sam’s Club run. This time he went alone and returned with the cheapest, most scratchy TP my bum has ever experienced. One morning I marched out of the bathroom with my bum all a-fire and confronted him on this a-bum-ination.
“What are you trying to do to me????” I demanded.
He looked up from his cereal, perplexed and fearful of this raging woman.
“This toilet paper! My God, man, it’s like sandpaper!”
He cracked up.”It was so much cheaper. That stuff with the bear on it is ridiculously expensive.”
“I’ll have you know that my bum’s health and well-being is worth every penny,” I said.
Mr. Husband assured me that this fallacy will never happen again and vowed to take me with him on the next Sam’s Club trip. Together, he said, we can find a TP that satisfies all our needs – soft yet affordable.
Eventually we compromised with the generic version of “the TP with the bear on it.” It is still not as soft as I would like, nor is it lightly lotioned, but it gets the job done with minimal chafing.
That said, I do still dream of the day when he is no longer a student and our income is such that I can again indulge in ridiculously expensive, super soft and lightly lotioned TP.
March Photo Challenge Participants:
- Mrs. GreenGrass at Baby Making Merry-go-Round
- Samantha Cass at The Cass Family
- Future Super Mom at Pregnancy 101
- Trisha from The Elusive Second Line
- Unaffected from For We Are Bound By Symmetry
- Robin from I’m Polycystic Inside
- Chanel from Just Waiting My Turn
- April from Where Do We Go From Here?
- Bon from My Unassuming Life
- Lora from Hope Delayed
- Rice Cakes & Redemption
- Jen at Sprout
- Aub at A Long Suffering Heart
- Annabelle at Infertility Sucks
- Peg at Que Sera Sera
- Ozifrog at Maybe Baby and the Adventures of Hub-in-Boots
- D. at Don’t Call Me Brenda
- Em at Follow Every Rainbow
- Emily at A Blanket to Keep
- (In)Fertility Unexplained
- Lisa at Hapa Hopes
- Jules at The Quest for Little Lambies
- Jenn at Future Fords
- Anna at Life With Twins is Never Dull
- Mrs. Rochester at It’s Gonna Happen
- Veetamia at Lovely Transitions
- Evelyn at Baby Makes 2
- K. Smitty at Daydreaming in Progress
- Mrs. Optimistic at Nothing If Not Optimistic
- 35 Life at Starting My Life At 35
- Infertile First Mom
- M3L at Re-Inventing Me
- Emily at The Empty Uterus
- Esperanza at Stumbling Gracefully
- Jessah at (waiting on link)
- Mission: Fertile Seoul
- Ess at Good Luck – Try Again
- Allycatm at A Baby Making Diary
- Slyn at Home Grown Love
- Jonelle at Somewhere in the Middle
- Crystal at My Life Isn’t Always Crystal Clear