Drum roll please…………………………..
MR. HUSBAND HAS EMPLOYMENT!!!
Employment that will give him a paycheck. Like a real paycheck that is enough to move him out of the government cheese income bracket. Like a paycheck that will let us save enough money to pay for our next FET without asking his parents for money. This is REALLY BIG STUFF Y’ALL!
The job is a temporary position teaching mathematics at the Big University starting August 2012 and ending May 2013. This is a great opportunity that will give him the experience necessary to find a better, more permanent job next year. Unfortunately this temporary job is not somewhere super awesome like NYC or San Fransisco. Nope, no glamorous move for us this year, we’ll be staying put in Lexington.
The upside to staying here? We don’t have to leave our friends whom we have grown quite fond of. We also don’t have to move our embryos or hunt for a new RE. And we don’t have to leave our kitchen, which is STILL being remodeled (although we are VERY close to being done).
While staying in KY for another year is not an ideal situation, we are determined to make the best out of it by embracing all that little Lexington has to offer. Anyone with suggestions on things to do and see should chime in below. On my list so far is:
- Caving – KY sits on a ton of awesome caves, none of which we have visited.
- Dinosaur World – because it is ridiculous looking.
- Eating – there are a lot of places around here we still have not eaten at.
- Bourbon – there is a lot of bourbon we still have not sampled.
- Paducah – Paducah, KY is a huge quilting area. I very much want to take a weekend trip to see them.
- Derby – we still have not been to the Kentucky Derby (I know, how lame are we?) Next year it is a must.
- Music – I have not given Lexington’s music scene an honest shot. It is time I put my snobbery aside and venture out and have a listen. Who knows, maybe I’ll like it.
- Belly Dancing – this is something I can do anywhere, I realize, but Lexington has a great group of belly dancers and I am determined to give it a shot!
So that is our non-fertility related good news! Do you all have some non-fertility related good news to share?