Sorry for not posting yesterday. I left the house at 7:30 a.m. for doctor appointment No. 1 in Lexington, ran home to pack car lunches at 9:30, then headed right back out to go to Cinci for my two RE appointments. We didn’t get home until 8:30 at night (due to crazy traffic we grabbed supper in Cinci and then killed some time at Ikea) and by then I was too tired to blog. So you know what that means? Today is a THREE post kind of day. My apologies in advance, but I know people are counting on me for info on the RE’s and support in this detoxing journey.
We’ll start today’s Belle attack with a recap from yesterday. Considering how on-the-go we were, I feel I did very well.
- A.M. alkaline drink
- Breakfast: Smoothie with 1 cup organic soy milk, 2 scoops organic rice protein powder (this is actually extremely low carb, y’all should check it out), 1 cup blueberries, small squirt of agave nectar + coffee and soy milk
- Snack: 1 small apple and three spoon fulls of humus
- Lunch: 2 lettuce wraps with smoked trout, Wasabi humus, 1/8 an avocado and home-made mango salsa (recipe to follow later this week) & 1 small apple
- Snack: 1/2 raw carrots + decaf mango tea (I’m on a mango kick these days)
- Supper: Dinner out at Aladdin’s (in Cinci across from Ikea. I highly recommend it!) – 1 bowl vegan chili with beans and tomatoes (no soy product), 1 side salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and a small amount of Greek dressing & water
- “Dessert”: I miss mini chocolate cakes 😦 We ate dinner at 5 last night so by the time we got home I was hungry again so I had half a grapefruit sprinkled with low-fat organic coconut which was surprisingly good
Despite a very busy day, I’m pleased to report that I got a little exercise!
- a.m. 20 minute bike ride (to doctor and back)
- a.m. vigorous kitchen cleaning. I turned on music and wiggled my booty as I scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed. I’m sure it was a sight for sore eyes but I don’t care. My kitchen is now clean and I feel like I got a decent oblique workout from all the wiggling.
- Right before we left I snagged 20 minutes to do some glute isolation work with the Tone It Up Beautiful Booty workout
Life Ain’t All That Bad:
I’m short on time and words this morning so today’s positive reflection are 10 domestic tasks that bring me happiness and that I don’t do enough of:
- Clean sheets
- Clean floors
- A clean fridge – something that does not happen nearly enough in this house
- Wiping my kitchen counters – never fails to leave me satisfied
- A meticulously organized underwear drawer. I should photograph mine.
- Finding the perfect place to display the perfect piece of art
- Lit candles during dinner
- Cleaning out my drains with baking soda and vinegar
- Sweeping the front stoop
- Filling the bird feeder
Do to the ridiculously busy schedule yesterday, little time was spent with the poor cats. Tonight I’ll do better.
This will have to wait till the weekend. I promise you a good one from my archives, though!
Today’s Homage to Toast:
Holy crap there is some crazy toast stuff out there!