… but boy do they make you barfy!
I’m cheap and taking 2mg estradiol tablets three times a day for this FET instead of the expensive Vivelle Dots. While I love saving money, I do not love the side effects. I guess the Vivelle dot enters your system more slowly and absorbs. Twenty minutes after one of these suckers goes down the hatch you are all “HOT DAMN I’m gonna vom.” But you don’t actually vom. Instead you moan and groan to your husband until he agrees to drive you to work, and drop you at the door, and then leave the car in your parking lot and hike in the rain to campus (I work for The Big University in a downtown office and he works for The Big University on campus).
Vom aside, I have lots of little bits to share today making this more of a “Leftovers” post than a earth-shattering, heart wrenching post like earlier this week. To keep things a little less “OMG All Over The Place” I’ll use bullets. But first, a photo of what I hope to be enjoying after 5 today – Pinot Noir, the best thing about not being knocked up.
- Saw my psychiatrist yesterday. We’ll call her Dr. Brain. Dr. Brain oversees my medication and makes sure that my counselor is still making positive strides through baggage. The first thing out of Dr. Brain’s mouth was, “You look better!” I was pleased. We talked about my intrusive hypochondria thoughts; about the failed cycle; and about my plans to do better this cycle and make a warm, welcoming environment for our embryos (shit… that’s plural now. I am so scared.) She was pleased with my progress and said she would like me to stay on just 5 mg of Prozac a day for another month. She does not want to bump me up unless I’m feeling unstable. I appreciate her conservative approach.
- Next week is a big week! On Tuesday I meet with my *NEW* **AWESOME** ***GOING TO CURE ME*** Ocular Immunologist. Ok, that last one is a stretch as there is no cure for uveitis, just care for symptoms, but still. I have HUGE expectations that this guy is going to manage my disease so well that I no longer have complete dives in my vision. This year my eyes tanked a full diameter – from a -3.75 in one eye to a -4.75. Not cool y’all. Not cool at all. This new guy, he is going to fix that (I hope).
- Also next week: Lining Check on Wednesday for FET 3. Let’s all take a moment to think some thick thoughts for my ute. I’m drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea right now and hope to give my feet a couple good evening soaks this weekend to help with thickening.
- I am excited to announce that I have purchased Keiko Zoll’s “The You Project” in attempts to regain some control over my self-image. Infertility has had a seriously negative impact on my self-esteem and it is time to make some changes. I’ve never actually done anything like this and am not a big “self-help” person. I’m much more a “put on your big girl panties and deal” person. Well, my big girl panties are falling apart and my sanity is going with them so perhaps it is time to try a new approach. I know several of you are working on Keiko’s “The You Project,” too. I very much look forward to reading about your progress!
- Our new couch cover has arrived. It’s beautiful. And clean. And free of cat vom stains. I’ll post photos and do a review of Bemz products soon. I also want to review our new cat scratcher. I know, I’m just brimming with excitement these days. But seriously, it’s a great scratcher and the Large Fries actually scratch on it.
- On a super vain note: My hair is growing. I think it will be recovered come my brothers wedding in April. As much as I like the low maintenance aspects of short hair, I really miss my bob. It was me. This is not.
- One last bullet and then I’ll leave you in peace: Any suggestions on how to manage all the damned meds and supplements associated with TTC? I’m having a hard time keeping track of everything lately and twice this week have forgotten my Advair (asthma medication) which is a big no-no. I have thought about a pill-box but some of the things like Advair, my homeopathic nose spray and PIO injections can’t go in the box. Thoughts? Cute solutions found on Pinterest?
That’s enough rambling for now. Happy weekend, y’all! May it be filled with pumpkin pie, Pinot Noir (if you are not pregnant) and cool fall temperatures!