Once upon a time there was a lovely lady named Belle. Belle used to be an interesting person with lots of interesting things to write about. Then one day a brave and smart doctor flawlessly transferred two “good looking” embryos to her uterus and the lovely Belle turned into a raving lunatic who could only focus on her womb. What resulted were DAYS of boring blog posts and obsessive symptom spotting.
I am trying desperately not to symptom spot. There would be no symptoms at this point even if something good was happening. Reasonable Belle knows the slight cramping and the pain in her inner right hip area is 100% due to progesterone building up in her system and to the fact that said progesterone has to be INJECTED INTO HER BUTT.
Irrational Belle is convinced that is the beginning of Baybee Belle. Ridiculous.
2dp5dt: Symptom Spotting
- Slight cramping in general uterus area. Could be implantation. Most likely side effect of PIO shots OR upset intestines after a long weekend of over eating followed by several days of overzealous pooping.
- Bloated. OMG BAYBEE!!!!! Obviously PIO but in my mind it is 100% due to at least one embryo moving in.
- Super tired in the evenings. I’m totally just run down because I’m too old for crazy weekends like last weekend.
- Little indigested. Ok, Belle, you are always a little indigested. Give it up already.
- Craving vegan chili and toast. Um, also, you always crave vegan chili and toast. Seriously, until you crave a big rare burger (gross) on white bread (gross) with mayo (really gross) you are not having pregnancy cravings 🙂
Walk To Remember
This Sunday there is a Walk to Remember for women and families who have lost a baby due to miscarriage or stillbirth. My therapist suggested I go as a way to find more closure. I like the idea of taking an hour to recognize my baby, Pip, but I’m so scared it will in some way jinx this transfer. Which is absolutely ridiculous but… you know… infertility makes us HIGHLY ridiculous.
What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?