I don’t know if it is the anxiety over the ultrasound next week, the pregnancy hormones or just, you know, me, but I’m in a dreadful mood. Maybe it is because I woke up four times last night to pee. That’s right – four times. And I can’t just stumble to the bathroom and return immediately to sleep. Nope. My cat thinks every pee break is a new invitation to snuggle so after my pee I have 12 pounds of Maine Coon curling around my face, purring and nuzzling It’s cute once a night. It is obnoxious four times a night. Also obnoxious? Some crazy stressful dreams. I typically have the most boring dreams on earth. What the hell brain?
This morning I woke up ready to go to spin class but the cramps were still there so I went to my sewing room, cleared some space and did 30 minutes of yoga. As I laid in Shavasana I started to wonder: is yoga safe during first trimester? I received a comment yesterday that said she had been instructed to not stretch her arms over her head during first trimester. Shit. I had been doing all kinds of stretching. Instant panic.
A Google search revealed a slew of random opinions, none of which actually made me feel like what I had been doing was safe. For the record, I did lots of forward folding, sun salutations, the warrior variations, cleansing twists and some side plank balance poses, etc. Nothing super crazy and nothing that put direct pressure on my uterus like locust pose.
So, Internet, what has your OB said regarding yoga? Good idea? Bad idea? I’m looking for real info from your doctor or from a well-educated yoga instructor, not random stuff from a Google search. Trust me, I already read all of that. And while we are at it, what about spinning? I miss spin class.
I feel I should end this on a positive note. Maybe a gratefulness list?
I’m grateful for:
- Peppermint tea
- My illegal heater at work
- The hot sauce that made it possible to choke down eggs this morning
- The shrink appointment I have today (someone say a little prayer for her as she is about to get an earful)
- Some ADORABLE new fabric I ordered to make myself some new PJ pants for our holiday travels
- The fact that the new gray paint is still covering the red walls meaning I can safely hang my pictures back up
- 7 more sleeps till ultrasound
- Canned vegan chili
- A trip to Birmingham in a few weeks
- The fact that the fat brown cat chose to barf on the floor for a change instead of on my new couch covers
Not much of a list but it did make me feel a little better. I’m actually incredibly grateful for No. 10. I have had my fill of cat vomit scrubbing! Ok ladies (and gentlemen), Bitchy McBitcherson is going to take her self downstairs for another cup of peppermint tea (please don’t tell me that two cups of peppermint tea will kill my baby thankyouverymuch). I hope you all have a much more stable day than I am.