You know what is stressful? Moving to NYC. You know what is even more stressful? Planning a move to NYC a month after you give birth. You know what is even more stressful than that? Looking for a place to live that is family friendly, meets your budget and allows your herd of cats.
Yeah… there are some tough conversations going on over in Belle Land and it’s not making for great posting material. I wanted you to know that the Chicken and I are hanging in there, despite some radio silence, and that we’ll be back a.s.a.p. with an update on tentative plans and Operation S.O.S. (Sell Our
Shit Stuff) as soon as some details get hashed out. Until then, I’ll leave you with these thoughts-
- I think I’m having some Braxton Hicks. This or from time to time something right under my ribs starts tensing and crawling around. Stomach alien in addition to uterine alien? Who knows!
- Talked to my doctor about the shortness of breath and fatigue. She said it is normal but that I could be anemic, although my blood work two weeks ago was fine. She suggested I add more iron to my diet naturally and in two weeks we’ll recheck. In the meantime, cut my body some slack and take the bus to work. 🙂
- I have reached the point in pregnancy where comfort trumps fashion. Today I’m wearing sneakers, yoga pants, a tank top and a denim jacket at work and don’t give a damn what my coworkers think!
- I have booked maternity photos for the end of May. We’ll be doing one outfitted session and one nude session. Yes, I’m that pregnant lady who wants nudes of her pregnant body. I worked damn hard for this Homer Simpson belly and as uncomfortable as I am in it, I do want to remember things and have proof that once upon a time I had boobs.
- I need help picking an outfit for the clothed part of the shoot. Currently everything flowy makes me feel… like a bag. Tight things make me feel… like Homer Simpson. However, tight things do show the bump. But what kind of tight things do you wear for maternity photos? And please don’t suggest stripes. This lady is not a fan of stripes on her bump. Suggestions are welcome, otherwise I might go all out and dress like Homer in a white tank and blue work pants 🙂
- I finally started on the Chicken’s mobile. And then the white cat, Euclid, ate my white embroidery thread and later vomited it all up with her kibble in the dining room. Delicious. At least the fat brown cat, Fermi, did not eat the vomit this time. Disgusting. Mobile is now on hold while I wait for some free time to buy more thread…
- My first baby shower is less than two weeks away. I’m ridiculously excited to see my two aunties from childhood. I seriously cannot wait!
- And now I need to waddle to the potty again…