Skip to content

S is for Snot



My nose is currently sucking all life out of my body. It seems I have a cold AND bad allergies at THE SAME TIME. It’s not fun, folks. My nose is running, my eyes are burning, my throat is killing me and I have a dry and terribly unproductive cough. I’m tired, achy and just plain gross to be around. It’s unfortunate. I think my personality might have been blown out of my nose last night, too. Today I feel flat, boring and not at all chipper. So I’ll leave you with a really brief post. Hopefully I’ll be back to my regular old self on Monday!

In regards to yesterday’s post: I talked with the Professor about the remaining embryo last night. He wants to save it. I’m paying the bill today for another three months and we’ll reevaluate in July/August. Honestly, I don’t think I can go through all this again. I don’t think I can handle more treatments. I don’t think I can handle more failures. If Chicken does not make it home, I just don’t think I’m strong enough to try again. I’m constantly in awe of the women who go through this cycle after cycle. I’m humbled by women who complete their families with left over frosties, even though they have already lived through the hell of infertility treatments once before. For now the maybe baby stays in the cooler.

Happy weekend, y’all. May everyone have beautiful weather, low pollen counts and dodge whatever plague I seem to have caught!



Post a comment
  1. jak #
    April 12, 2013

    glad to hear you’re waiting on the decision about chicken 2.0.

    i got the plague too, but not with allergies. speedy recovery to you!!

  2. April 12, 2013

    I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. I’m wondering if it’s allergies or simply a due to the weather changing. Either way, hope you’re nose stops running soon.

    I think choosing to continue with storage for the time is a wise move. There’s a lot going on right now and it’s hard to make this type of a decision with all of that. Give yourself some time. I was also in a very similar boat about a year ago, swearing that I would never go through another round of treatment (I still feel that way). But a number of things happened that made it so it made sense to go one more round. I’m not saying this is the route you should go, but I am emphasizing that you and the Professor need time to really think all of this over. You need to be at peace with whatever decision you make.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: