- Lefty and I went to the doctor last Friday. By the time we got there 1/4 of the boob was red, swollen and in intense pain. Diagnosis: Mastitis. After two days of antibiotics I’m pleased to say I’m feeling more human. I finally caved and got a silly nursing pillow so Sabine and I can more easily change positions to better drain the breasts. Gotta say – it was money well spent. I also like standing up with it still attached and bonking into the Professor like bumper cars. 🙂
- The Professor is in NYC again this week closing on our place. I wired the most insane amount of money ever to our lawyer yesterday and then had to come home and nurse and care for a baby instead of drink wine, which is my usual coping mechanism when it comes to spending large sums of money. Hopefully all will go well and the Professor will return with a set of keys that we own (well, we and the bank own).
- The move prep is a nightmare. Anyone considering moving with a newborn should first consult me. Everything takes four times as long when you have to care for a baby. I am happy to report that one room is now completely packed and several others are sort of packed. I will press on. Ugh.
- Sabine is a doll, although we are still having some pacifying on the boob issues. All our pacifier progress has been thwarted by some unknown force and we are back to her just wanting to chew on my nipple all day. A day full of Nipple Nazi leaves my boobs so sore and red that latching properly becomes impossible and we all know that improper latch makes nipples hurt even more. Maybe the little girl can sense my stress and dread over the move and the HUGE amount of money I had to wire to some stranger I’ve never met. Or maybe she was just having a chomping day?
- Cats are starting to freak out over all the move stuff. Furniture is selling daily and every time a piece goes out the cats scramble around frantically sniffing everything. Poor dears.
- We have to sell our car FAST. Anyone interested?
- I staged and photographed a few rooms in our house for the real estate agent. The photos make the house look deceivingly tidy. Don’t be fooled, though. In order to do these photos I had to move ALL THE CRAP into other rooms. 🙂 A more substantial post will come soon, dear readers. Until then, I have a hot milk date with this adorable little Nipple Chomper: