Posts tagged ‘BFP’
148! I’m actually that “P” word that I still can’t say!
Dr. A’s nurse said my beta was “excellent” for a single embryo transfer. No repeat beta necessary unless I am feeling obsessive and would like one – which I will on Monday.
First ultrasound is booked for May 14th at 2:45 p.m. Grow Pip Grow!
I want to write you all a book on the swirl of emotions I am experiencing but I am working under a serious deadline. Must. Write. Success stories. Hugs to every single one of you who is so kindly dealing with my crazy ups and downs. Pip is gonna have a pile of cyber Aunties. xoxo
*Mustache is a special edition for my sweet friend in Mississippi who is also battling the infertility monster. Much love to you, hon!
When I was living in Florida I had a delightful fluffy black cat named Katzel. One afternoon I went to a new animal shelter to do a story for the paper. The shelter was different than the pound – lots of open enclosures with indoor and outdoor spaces where the animals could easily roam and socialize with one another. It really was quite awesome.
While touring the facility this big fluffy Maine Coon came trotting up, trilling at me. Her eyes were such a pale green they made me think of opals. I crouched down and she reached a big soft paw up and caressed my cheek. It was love at first trill. I wrote the owner a check then and there and arranged to pick the little cat, who I promptly named Yum Yum, up in two weeks after I returned from my visit to Alabama. She and Katzel would become swell friends.
Not two months after adopting Yum Yum, my beloved Katzel had to be put down due to complications from feline leukemia. I was devastated. It took a while, but Yum Yum and I grew to love one another and established a very meticulous routine. One OCD woman and her OCD cat.
One of Yum Yum’s favorite things to do in the evening is sit in an open window and sniff the air. This evening was cool after a spring rain so I took her onto the sun porch and sat with her. Together we looked out the windows and “chatted” – meaning Yum Yum would chirp and purr at me and I would sing her name. Midway through our “discussion” I promised her that even when Pip is here, I will still make time for our window sitting, chasing one another around the upstairs and our evening snuggles.
Look at those BEAUTIFUL LETTERS! I don’t even care that it is an ugly font!
Completing the pee stick sandwich we have this cutie ground hog IN MY BACK YARD! He’s cute and all, but what the heck is he doing in my yard? And why is hanging out on the bumper to the Jeep Wagoneer? And more importantly… why the hell is the bumper in the yard? Gotta talk to Mr. Husband about this one🙂
I promise this is my last post for the day. I also assure my new readers that I rarely post several times a day and clog your reader with my fretting. Promise.
DISCLAIMER: Yes, my grass needs mowed. Yes, there is all kinds of crap piled around our falling down shed. Yes, the field of grass and heaps of junk probably have something to do with the invasion of wild life! My pee stick told me none of this matters🙂
- I do not have enough for one cohesive post, and I just do not like the “Thought Vomit Thursday” title (no offense, but it’s just sorta icky) so I’m borrowing from Unaffected and dishing out some “Leftovers.”
- I had a cavity filled on Monday. While he was at it he drilled out an ancient one and refilled it plus the newbie. Something seems to have gone terribly, horribly wrong, though, as I’m experiencing shooting pain from the tooth all the way up to my eye socket. The soonest this douche bag of a dentist can get me in is NEXT WEDNESDAY. That’s a lot of days.
- Today is my Mommy’s birthday! Thankfully I remembered at 2:30 this afternoon and was able to call a local florist and arrange for a flower arrangement to be delivered. Sure hope it is pretty and brings some cheer to her day.
- I finally sent the annual report project off to the printer this morning. I got to splurge and am having them add and aqueous coating to give it a little extra ooomph. I’m excited to see the finished product!
- I want to share an outtake from this morning’s photo shoot. It keeps making me laugh.
- I’m leaving this photo extra-large so you can truly appreciate its ridiculousness.🙂
- Mr. Husband finally has a decent job lead. He was emailed by the head of this particular department at a very prestigious school asking him to submit an application for a 3 year position doing something super awesome in a city that has an acupuncture school AND that is close to my family and our friends. I know that is sorta vague, but the interwebs are a strange, convoluted place and I don’t want any of his perspective employers to stumble upon his wife’s infertility blog with photos of cat butts in it. I’m sure you understand🙂 So if you’ve got some extra prayers/positive vibes, please send them to:
c/0 Scrambled Eggs
Somewhere in Kentucky
- Let’s also take a moment to recognize some of the BFP’s that have happened over the past few days. First, we have Robin at I’m Polycystic Inside. Although I have never met Robin IRL, she seems to be such a sweet woman who is always thinking about others infertility despite her own. Take a moment to send her some bloggy love for BOTH of her babies! Next up is Katie at The Cornfed Feminist. Katie is hilarious, hands down. Even her serious/sad posts have a little dry wit interlaced in them that makes me smile. Her grandfather sent her a BFP a few days ago. Take a few moments to send her some well wishes. And finally we have J.M. at Meier Maddness who is dealing with the cruelest “you might be pregnant, but probably not, but I just don’t know… ” fiasco imaginable. Please stop by her blog and send some extra love. I think she needs it right now.
- And finally, just in case my crazy-ass toothache was not enough, I have been dealing with a wicked case of hiccups for the past 30 minutes that I just can’t seem to get under control. Part of the issue is that it hurts like a bandit to drink the cold water from the fountain. I’m about to put my germ-a-phobe aside and get a glass of warm water from the bathroom sink. Please pray that someones poop disease does not enter my blood stream though my tooth. GAH!